Pages

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

my mornings

I have never been a morning person by any stretch of the imagination. I can sleep the day away with the best of them. I have always "wanted" to be a morning person and greet the day with kindness, but it is just not in me. The idea of a crisp morning run always sounds better the night before the alarm starts beeping while the moon is still out. This has never posed a problem in my marriage, because I married a sleeper, until we had a baby! Little Edward did not get our sleeping gene. So, we spend a lot of time together on our bed while he is still pretty immobile.
When Edward was a tiny baby, I would nap in the mornings once he went down for his nap. Now that he is sleeping more hours at night, I am not as tired, and I relish the time I get in the mornings. A better housewife might spend this hour or two tending to the chores for the day, but, this is my time where I get to drink my coffee and spend time with Mac.

5 comments:

Jordan said...

haha I love that "Mac" has a name! I long for the days of sleeping in. In the far off future, when all our blogs are still, we'll know that we are all sleeping!

Wynne Elder said...

oh I love it! that looks so delightful :) and I love the 3 column - you go girl! you are on your way!

Unknown said...

love this post. I envision something very similar to the above when this time comes. I, also, am a "sleeper" as you say, aka NOT a morning person

Sarah said...

us moms need our mac time. :)

Sara Helen said...

I'm glad I'm not the only one!

"A better housewife might spend this hour or two tending to the chores for the day, but, this is my time where I get to drink my coffee and spend time with Mac" Although I've got HP, not Mac. Luckily, Tipton IS a sleeper. He slept this morning until 10!! Yes, 10! And not he is enjoying his afternoon nap. Ahhh... facebook time. :)